Regular Cleaning And Maintenance
Infiniti stones are low porous surfaces and therefore highly resistant to everyday domestic stains. For regular cleaning of Infiniti Stone surfaces, we recommend using Cif. If Cif is not available, water and mild/neutral soap is the best option for regular cleaning.
The following are some of the actions to be carried out for stubborn stains that have built up over time.
Apply Cif to the stain and leave for 2 minutes then gently scrub with a soft scouring pad (normally supplied for ceramic hobs) until it disappears. Rinse immediately with water and dry.
Pour an anti-lime scale product (like Viakal or similar) onto the surface and leave to act for 1 min. Rinse with plenty of water and dry. Follow the instructions recommended by the manufacturer. Do not use on any products (taps, sink, etc) other than the worktop itself as it might damage their finish.
Using a blunt spatula and Clean Colorsil or Solvent-based silicon remover (that does not contain dichloromethane) gently scrub with a soft scouring pad (for ceramic hobs). Then rinse with plenty of water and dry. We recommend that the marks are removed at the time of installation.
After using kitchen utensils such as frying pans & saucepans etc., do not place them directly on the surface. Leave them on top of a table mat (if possible with rubber support) to cool down. The reasoning behind this is that the thermal shock caused by the difference in temperature (cold/hot) could damage the surface.
For difficult stains, pour Cif (or CIF Original Cream) on to the affected area leaving it to act for 2 mins. Next gently scrub with a soſt scouring pad (for ceramic hobs), rinse with plenty of water and dry.
- Do not place outdoors or anywhere exposed to direct UV rays.
- Do not place objects recently removed from the heat directly on the surface, use a tablemat/pan stand or similar.
- Do not use repellents, sealants, polish, etc.
- Do not polish.
- Do not use paint strippers, caustic soda, or products with a PH of more than 10. If bleach or solvent is used, it should be diluted with water and never left in permanent contact with the product. Avoid all chlorine based products and any contact with Fluor hydric acid.
- Do not use degreasing agents with a high mineral content or highly vigorous products.
- Avoiding using metallic scouring pads.
- The use of this type of product can lead to the loss of the product guarantee.
- Examples of products that should not be used on Infiniti Stone:
- Surfaces: Paint strippers, brush or metal cleaning products, oven cleaning products, methylene chloride cleaning products, acids for unblocking drains, nail polish remover with acetone, etc.
- If any of these products are ever spilled onto the surface, remove as soon as possible using plenty water and mild soap